Hire an SEO Agency With a Local San Jose Focus
Are you looking for an SEO agency that can not only make recommendation, but also implement them?
Are you looking for a trusted partner that can offer expertise in content writing, design & web development and merge them into a successful SEO campaign.
We develop unique and specialized SEO strategies that are specific to your business & your customers. We take the time to understand your consumers and their search habits – this why no two of our SEO campaigns are the same.
We will help improve your SEO strategy by focusing on 4 general areas of SEO:
- Technical Review & Optimization
- Content Creation
- SEO Focused Design
Everyday search engine marketing becomes more and more competitive. That’s why we take on a full-service approach so we can see our recommendations from beginning to end.
Thousands of sites are launched each year, but only the top 10 positions receive traffic. Work with a team of experts that can guide you through discovery, research and implementation.
Every business is unique, so work with a team that won’t apply a one size fits all
Our Process & Team:
Our SEO managers start with an extensive technical SEO audit that reviews general SEO best practices, we use tools like ScreamingFrog Crawler, Google Search Console, and Lighthouse to identify under-the-hood issues that may preventing complete indexation of your content. We also review your domain strength and DNS structure as that’s where we see some common issues.
Our design team are trained on conversion & SEO focused design, that keeps users engaged on your site. One of the key aspects of SEO design is to decrease bounce rates – we want to avoid users returning to the SERPS, and isntead keep them exploring your site with an eventual conversion. From an SEO point of view, most of your organic traffic may not start on your homepage, so we work to understand the likely search engine paths and optimize traffic that starts on your service pages as well as your blog articles.
Our developers focus on implementing general SEO best practices for mobile and page speed. Our goal is to make your site load faster than the competitors for your given set of keywords. As loading times become a bigger factor within Google’s algorithm, we work to give your desktop and mobile users the best possible experience. For development projects we’re happy to do the implementation ourselves or work with your dev team to guide them through the process.
Our content & linkbuilding team focuses on 3 things: researching keywords, publishing high quality content and strengthening your domain with high quality backlinks. This is a critical part of an SEO strategy since at the end of the day ‘content is king’ when it comes to SEO success. Depending on the strength of your domain we will decide which keywords are within reach based on their difficulty ranking. We hire industry experts to write our articles and content to make sure the information is accurate as well as interesting – and then we use our in-house linkbuilding strategies to boost your domain and the newly created content to the top of the search results.
Our SEO Projects & Services
A modern design paired with a fast loading theme.Casino M8trix
An ecommerce SEO campaign that reached ROI in 6 months.Outland Living
A website refresh focused on SEO growth.Armormax
A classic brand, redesigned for modern times.Odors Away
A new design, optimized for local SEO & pagespeed.Econ Granite
SEO & Development Services
SEO Focused Web Design
SEO is much much more than keywords on a page. As Google’s algorithm has evolved to comprehend user behavior, design is now becoming a vital part of an SEO strategy. Aspects of design like:
- Which content is important enough to be above the fold?
- Do your landing pages encourage deeper exploration?
- Is your content easy to scan & understand?
Majority of non-branded SEO visits won’t start on your homepage, most likely it’ll be your service pages or articles. Designers must understand this user journey and design engaging pages deeper in the funnel. Afterwards our development approach stresses fast loading times, security and easy website management.
SEO Content Marketing
A content library is a great way to establish your brand as a thought leader in your industry. Useful, informational content is a tried & tested way for consumers to discover your brand during their research phase, opening up doors for top of mind consideration and powerful retargeting campaigns.
However, this content must be written by experts in the field and it’s rare that a brand’s product managers have time to dedicate to building an SEO content library. Our team can help – we find & hire subject matter experts and oversee their content creation – whether it’s infographics, long form articles or data visualizations.
Due to the competitive nature of the landscape, content marketing only works if the content is well researched, well written and optimized for conversion.
One of the core factors of Google’s SEO algorithm is the amount of links a site can gather from other sites in their industry. Each site that links to yours is essentially a vote for the validity and trustworthiness of your content. However – not all links are created equal, they must have:
- Relevance – exist on websites that are relevant to your industry.
- Power – exist on website that are also trustworthy with strong domains.
Over the last 5 years we’ve developed and fine tuned our process for link outreach, we partner with publishers, authors and businesses in our clients niches to create high quality connections between your business and their content. Our linkbuilding process is safe and effective, and has proven itself through years of algorithm updates.
We’ve developed our team to offer full service search engine optimization, with a strong focus on Technical SEO. We regularly see the need for a good user experience and the impact it has on SEO. This includes an end to end user experience from the moment they see your listing in search results to the point of conversion or purchase:
- Page speed optimizations
- Indexation errors
- SERP visibility & title tags
- Schema mark up
- Search console errors
- EAT authority factors
Our technical SEO analysis is created by team of experts and not auto-generated by an AI, therefore each analysis is unique and specific to your business, your customers and your goals. We use a mix of internal strategies and third party tools to create our review and our happy to create a step by step implementation process for your dev team, or do it ourselves.
To Local San Jose SEO
Different industries require different approaches to SEO, you may be looking for geo targeted San Jose keywords for your local business or competing on a national level with companies with bigger budgets. Your business deserves a unique strategy so contact our team and let us figure out the best approach for your business & your current situation.
Consider us for help with:
- Technical Audits
- Content Audits
- SEO Design
- WordPress Optimization
AUQ will be your longterm partner on a road to SEO success.
We are are a team of seasoned experts
Founder & SEO
UX / UI Designer
Andres Bernardo Diaz
UX / UI Designer
Front End Developer
Common SEO Questions
How much do SEO services cost in San Jose?
SEO services vary from agency to agency, and depending on their services. Some agencies specialize in linkbuilding while others focus on technical optimizations, all this will impact pricing. We offer full service SEO in San Jose – which includes: linkbuilding, technical optimizations and content marketing, and our retainers start at $3,000.
How do you work with business in San Jose?
A big part of our team is global, and for a time we had an office downtown San Jose, but as the world moved to remote work we no longer keep it.
However – we’re happy to travel to meet in person, and set up time for collaborative work sessions with your team.
I believe in a personal touch and I think face to face meetings can improve relationships, processes and help us reach your SEO goals faster.
For clients that are unable to meet in person, we’re happy to work through video calls or by phone.
What industries do you work with?
We work with a variety of industries, but primarily focus on B2B services and national saas companies – our solutions are always custom tailored to our client’s needs, therefore each SEO strategy is a unique campaign designed specifically for your brand and your customers.
Do you also help with web design & development?
Yes! If we recommend it – we can implement it. We believe it’s not enough to submit an audit and point out a site’s shortcomings. We take the extra steps to follow through on our recommendations and implement them from a technical & design point of view. This allows us to execute our strategy from conception to delivery when working with WordPress sites.
Do you offer SEO penalty recovery services?
Yes. Our penalty recovery process focuses primarily on technical SEO issues. Generally what most people view as “penalties” are actually results of a poor website redesign or domain migration.
We’re happy to work with teams in San Jose to help them diagnose these issues, apply fixes and track recovery.
How do you approach linkbuilding?
We’ve spent years perfecting our link building approach, we tested multiple vendors and eventually settled on our own in-house process that focuses on page level linkbuilding.
We place links on pages that already rank in Google, this allows for quicker indexation and strong ranking signals than domain based linkbuilding that focuses on misleading domain rank stats.
Ever since the Penguin 2.0 update in 2012 – Google has shifted focus from penalizing links, to de-valuing them, the result is while businesses might not be penalized – they could be wasting thousands of dollars in linkbuilding costs that do nothing to benefit their website.
How do you approach keyword research?
Before we begin any keyword research project we take the time to meet with a business’s stakeholders and understand the ins and outs of their business and their customers. These sessions give us a better understanding of where to being our keyword research, what keywords are most profitable for you and how your customers think and the general questions they might have.
To get a further understanding of your customer’s search behavior we dive into your industry’s online platforms. We review message boards, quora, reddit – these are great sources of information for learning about customer pain points.
After the initial research is complete and we have a good understanding of your customer profile we start analyzing your top competitors and the keywords that they rank for. Depending if your site is new or old and the strength of your domain – our recommendations may differ.
For new sites with a small lnikbuilding profile – we try to find keywords that are either not covered by your competitors or where your competitors have thin or weak content. These become your best short term goals.
For more established sites with strong backlink profiles – we focus on the biggest conversion drivers, these are generally keywords that have the highest cost per clicks in your industry. If your competitors are willing to pay to show up for certain keywords, that means there is a profitable opportunity there, and we will prioritize these terms in our recommendations.
If your SEO goals are based around thought leadership or brand exposure – we will recommend informational high traffic & high funnel research articles. These are great opportunities to constantly appear on your customer’s research journeys, especially valuable if your brand can be one of the first educational articles they read – it establishes trust early on in their buying cycle.
After these issues are identified we’re happy to partner with your development team or lend our own experience and get our hands dirty to help implement fixes.
What common technical SEO issues do you target?
While our technical audits are unique for each client, and we may deep dive into different issues for different clients, there are some common table stakes issues that we review for all clients.
- Robots.txt file set to no-index: a robots.txt file is used by search engines to undrestand which pages should be ignored by the crawler. In some cases developers may block certain pages from search engines while they’re being developed, and sometimes they forget to change the settings when moving from the dev server to production. Alternatively it can be a good idea to block indexation of certain scripts that may take too long to load but don’t contain useful information for search engines, additionally pages that may contain private information like user profiles can sometimes be blocked for privacy reasons.
- WordPress set to no-index: this is a common WordPress issue we’ve seen that certain pages may be de-indexed by a number of settings within WordPress like the “reading” menu, or certain SEO plugins. It’s always worth double checking the basics!
- Http vs Https: Https version is 100% the better option for your users and search engines, however you may ran into ‘mixed content warnings’ when files ( often images ) are linked to with ‘http’ links. We will run a craw to make sure all links are serving secure content, and set up necessary site wide redirects to push users to the https version.
- XML sitemap issues: XML sitemaps help search engines map and crawl the site, it’s a birds eye view of your site’s pages, categories, posts, user pages etc.. It’s important to set up a system to auto generate these pages every time there is an update, and submit it to Search Console for indexation.
- XML video & image sitemaps: similar concept as above for but for video and image files, depending on your content library this could be a useful addition to your sitemap links.
- Page speed: loading times are integral to a good user experience, and Google recognizes this by weighing loading speed in it’s algorithm. However this is not compared equally across the web, and you should only be measuring yourself against your top SEO competitors – you don’t need perfect scores, you just need better scores than your competition. Specifically in situations for different industries, they may have different page speed benchmarks for example for beauty and clothing brands images are absolutely integral to the sales process and they may not be interested in serving compressed, low quality images. However options such as a CDN or lazy loading may be acceptable solutions here.
- Mobile content missing: Google follows a mobile first philosophy where the mobile version of the site is the “true” version which will be indexed by search engines.
- Missing img alt tags: This is an easy one to spot and fix, each image should have an “alternative text” attached to it, this is visible only by search engine robots & screen readers for vision impaired. It’s a requirement for google, but more importantly it’s a critical feature for users with visual impairment who rely on these tags to understand your site. Failing to add them not only hurts your search engine rankings, it can also have legal ramifications depending on what state you’re in.
How to interview a technical SEO consultant or agency?
Technical SEO’s will often have a strong background in web development, it’s crucial for understanding how to prioritize and understand the effort necessary to implement our recommendations. I would ask interview questions such as:
- Describe sites you’ve built in the past – what languages are you familiar with?
- How do you prioritize development tasks?
- Describe the order in which page elements load? ( HTML, DOM, CSS, JS, External CSS )
- Describe the difference between client side and server side rendering?
How do you incorporate EAT factors into your audits?
EAT in SEO stands for expertise, authority, trust. These are factors that Google looks to analyze when deciding if your site is ‘trustworthy’ – although this isn’t strictly a ‘developer’ task we still consider this as part of technical SEO.
This is specifically important for “Your money or your life sites” – which are sites concerning health or financial decisions.
EAT factors are often based on design, and if users perceive your site as “trustworthy” while browsing it. The ways to achieve this is by including the following design elements:
- Author information on blogs
- Listing certifications related to your field
- Citations to well written research
- Your brands reputation online ( glassdoor, google reviews, bbb )
- Long form content that is educational, no thin content
- External links to authoritative sources, and not linking to pseudoscience