Removing the “Shipping calculated at checkout” message in Shopify can be a strategic move to provide clearer upfront costs to your customers. This message typically appears on product and cart pages, indicating that shipping costs will be added later. To remove or alter this message, follow these steps:
Understand Your Shipping Settings:
- Before making any changes, understand how your shipping is set up in Shopify. This message appears because shipping costs are determined based on the customer’s address, weight of the items, or price. If you have a flat rate or free shipping, you might not need this message.
Access Your Shopify Admin:
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel. This is your control room for all store operations.
Navigate to Online Store:
- In the Shopify admin, go to the ‘Online Store’ section, which is usually found in the left-hand sidebar. This section controls everything related to the appearance of your store.
Edit Your Theme’s Language Settings:
- Once in the ‘Online Store’ section, click on ‘Themes.’ Here, you’ll find your current theme. Next to your theme, you’ll see an ‘Actions’ button. Click on it, and then select ‘Edit languages.’
Modify the Cart Messages:
- In the ‘Edit languages’ section, you’ll find various text fields for different parts of your store. To change the shipping message, look for the Cart section. You can use the search bar to find ‘shipping’ related fields quickly.
Change or Remove the Message:
- Find the field that says something like “Shipping calculated at checkout” and change it to your preferred message. If you want to remove it entirely, you can clear the text from this field. Be cautious, as this might affect customer expectations regarding shipping costs.
Save Your Changes:
- After editing the text, make sure to save your changes. This will update the message on your store’s cart and product pages.
Review Your Store:
- Visit your store as a customer would and check to ensure the changes appear as you intended. It’s important to see how it looks from a customer’s perspective.
Update Your Shipping Policy:
- If you remove this message, consider updating your shipping policy or FAQ page to clearly state how shipping costs are determined. Transparency in shipping policies helps in building customer trust.
Monitor Customer Feedback:
- After making this change, keep an eye on customer inquiries and feedback. If customers are confused about shipping costs, you may need to revisit your shipping settings or the way you communicate them.
Remember, the goal is to make the shopping experience as transparent and straightforward as possible. While removing the “Shipping calculated at checkout” message can streamline the page, ensure that shipping costs are still communicated effectively to avoid surprising customers during the checkout process.